Sunday, July 3, 2011

2 More Weeks!

So two weeks from now, I'll be leaving with my Mom to go to the Mayo Clinic! I'm definitely getting more nervous as the date approaches for my first appointment, but I'm also getting more and more excited! We fly out on the 17th (of July), and my first appointment is on the 19th. I'll be seeing a geneticist who specializes in NF, and from there we will have all of our other appointments, tests, scans etc booked.
I'm supposed to see a neurologist, endocrinologist (hormone doctor), orthopedic surgeon, urologist, gynecologist, geneticist and a general practitioner.
We're all crossing our fingers that we'll find some kind of answer to my headaches and other health issues, and if there are no answers, we're just looking for some kind of closure!

I'm looking forward to keeping this blog, and I hope you all will enjoy it!

4 comments:

  1. You've got me excited about you journey. It's going to be pretty intense with all the examinations. Make sure that you slow it down and ask questions. For me I have to write stuff down or I forget half of it.
    Love your clok for the count down.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm very Happy for you Courtney, I'm hoping and praying for the best. We'll keep in contact.

    Reggie

    ReplyDelete
  3. Well done blog! I hope everything goes well.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Visiting you via your neighbour, Red. I hope you will find all the help you are seeking.. and more. Best thoughts for you, Courtney.

    ReplyDelete