Sunday, July 10, 2011

Wow!

I just can't believe that I am going to be leaving in a weeks time! I am so excited to finally be going to Rochester Minnesota (after much planning and anticipation!)

I will try and keep this blog updated as much as I can. If and when there are days that I'm not well enough to blog, I will get my Mom to do some posts for me! Hopefully I won't need her to do it though! Also, once I know some sort of  "schedule" for which doctor I will see on which day, when I'm getting tests/scans/blood work etc I'll make sure to post it for you guys!

I want to thank everyone for being there for me not only in the past few months, but in the past few years as well. Because of some very special people (you know who you are), I have finally accepted  NF as part of me, and I no longer want to hide it. I used to be so afraid that people would think I was some sort of "freak" and once they figured out I had this disorder, they wouldn't want to be friends with me anymore. I know that might sound cheesy, but high school can be a mean place. I've seen kids get pushed around because of their "differences". Now, I KNOW that my NF makes me who I am, and its allowed me to grow up to be the person that I am. I want to be able to help sick kids, and I also wanting to raise more awareness for NF. Most of you have probably never even heard of Neurofibromatosis until you met me, and I want to be the one to change that. Someday, NF WILL be a commonly known disorder!!!

2 comments:

  1. I will be watching for your updates. Most of all I hope you get answers that are helpful.
    I had heard of NF before but did not know the medical term for it.
    When you can talk about something you own I always say that you are comfortable in your own skin. I hope this continues for you.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Courtney I'll be thinking of you & your mom everyday. Along with your family, I'll be praying you get some answers & help for your NF. I can see already how much stronger you have become, since owning what you have. You are an amazing person Courtney, keep strong you may need some of that strenght for your mom. Love you,wish you all the best & can hardly wait to read your blogs. Aileen

    ReplyDelete