Sunday, July 17, 2011

Rochester!!!

WOO HOO!!! My Mom and I have made it safely to Rochester, and are just settling into our room. The flights were good, and we didn't have any problems with our flights or bags.
We have met some fabulous people so far, and they have really made us feel welcome in the USA. First, we met a young guy who was a maintenance worker in the Minneapolis airport who was fascinated with our "accents". He thought it was funny how we call  the bathroom "washroom" and then he threw out the "typical Canadian saying... "eh!!". Then we met two lovely ladies Connie and Jody who were on the same flight as my Mom and I to Rochester. They were so helpful in telling us where to go for good food, how to get to the Mayo, extra things to do in  my spare time and so on. Oh and also when we were waiting for the shuttle to pick us up from the Rochester airport an older lady who would have been in about her 60's came up to my Mom and I and offered to drive us to where we needed to go. I just can't believe how many amazing people I have met so far... and my journey has just begun!!!
So tonight my Mom and I are going to go find somewhere to eat. The restaurant at the hotel is supposed to have very good food, and there is a little Italian restaurant a few blocks away that we have been told by quite a few people to check out.
The weather is hot here... a humid 100 degrees Fahrenheit  (which is about 38-40 degrees Celsius).
Anyways, my Mom and I are about to check out the rest of the hotel. I'll make sure to write another post tomorrow!

2 comments:

  1. Hi Courtney & Tracey,
    I'm so glad your trip is off to a good start. I'm following you daily. Hope things go well this week. You're such strong women! Sending you good thoughts from Red Deer. Hugs, Kim

    ReplyDelete
  2. Travelling can be a little complicated and you have to get it right.
    When we went through Jean was insulted as she did all the preparation for security and they never looked at her bag. They did look at mine. Great that people have been so helpful for you and Mom.

    ReplyDelete