Friday, July 15, 2011

Anxious, excited, worried and so much more

Well, it's official..... my Dad (and brother) are driving my Mom and I to Calgary tomorrow afternoon, as we have an early flight on Monday morning and didn't want to be getting up at 4 am!!!!
These past few days have been a bag of mixed emotions for me,  and to be honest I just don't know how I'm "feeling" right now. Don't get me wrong, I am definitely excited for this trip, but I"m also scared, nervous and anxious! I want some answers for all the unanswered questions I have, I want to be "fixed". I know I cannot be cured of my NF, but I just want relief of some of the symptoms! But in the same breath, I am so excited to get answers and I will be happy if they tell me my headaches (and other symptoms) are not able to be cured or fixed. What I mean by this is this trip is almost like closure in some way, because we are going to the top doctors who are educated thuroughly on NF (and that's a change!) I am actually so nervous/excited/anxious that I only slept 5 hours last night..... EEK!
This morning the Mayo Clinic called my house to confirm that we were still coming on the 17th. They informed me that I will have 3 appointments on Tuesday, 2 on Wednesday and 3 on Thursday! I can't believe that in the first 3 days I will have seen seven doctors already (I still don't know which doctor I an seeing on which day, so I'll keep you guys posted).
Lastly, I want to thank everyone who has been there for both me and my family in the past few weeks. All of your words of encouragement have meant a lot to me.
I"ll write another post once I get to Rochester, but for now I hope everyone has a great day!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment